Pre-Advanced Placement Indicators of Student Success
- Maintained 85% or above in subject area during current and previous academic year
- Scored “Exceeding” in subject area on ACT Aspire
- Performed in the top 25% quantile on ACT Aspire
- Self-Motivated, organized, and independent with assignments and homework
- Committed to the Pre-AP program
- Extended academic support beyond the school setting
Making Wise Choices
CPS encourages students to take Pre-AP and AP classes. When making a decision about how many of these classes to take, consider the following:
- Are you a self-motivated, organized, independent worker?
- Do you need and/or have support with your organizational skills and/or studies on a daily basis?
- Are you involved in many activities? Is your interest in this course of study sufficient to ensure that you will find adequate time to complete the extra work required outside of class without having to give up the things you enjoy?
- How well do you handle the rigors of a demanding academic workload? Are you realistic about your performance expectations for yourself?
- Have you considered all academic disciplines for which there are Pre-AP/AP courses including art, languages other than English, computer science and music?